Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Weekend with Daddy








My best friend from college, Jessica, surprised me with a last minute trip to Seattle. We are famous for our "Adventure Diva" weekends. This was our first "Adventure Diva" weekend since I have had Eva. It was also the first time that I had a break away from her since she was born. I was away for a week in January for our National Sales Meeting, but anyone who has attended NSM can vouch for me and say that it is the furthest thing from a break, especially if you are a new mamma trying to pump every few hours! Let's just say this was a well earned break. Jessica and I had an incredible time relaxing at the Chrysalis Inn in Bellingham, a hotel that I used to frequent for work travel. We luxuriated one day with a massage followed by an incredible dinner. And, as luck would have it, we hit the one night in Bellingham where there was salsa dancing just a few blocks away! The next day we spent relaxing in our room and capped off the night with a cruise on a sailboat to watch the fireworks. Heavenly, divine are words that come to mind.

While Mama was kickin' it at the spa, Daddy had his own adventures with Eva. He's always wanted a rough and tumble girl and he sure put that theory in action while I was gone! Eva went hiking, swimming at Pine Lake, and also hit a few playgrounds as well. The pictures tell a better story.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my HAD to comment on the pictures in the meadow of little Eva. DARLING! You guys look great and I am SO glad to be catching up with you via cyber space! :)

    ReplyDelete