Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Two Month Check Up!

Our baby is growing up. Eva had her first two month check up and her first round of immunizations yesterday. Fussmunchkin is in the 90% with height, 75% for weight, and 50% percentile for her head. I was worried that we were overfeeding her since she nurses ALL THE TIME so it was a relief to see that she is right in line with where she should be given her genes. It was painful to watch them administer the shots. Eva was even more fussy than usual that evening. I kept telling myself it was for the best.

I can't believe how quickly she is learning new things these days. Just about every day I have something new to share with Jeff. Yesterday she discovered her feet. Since then she's been completely obsessed with them and does baby stomach crunches. It's really quite hilarious to see. Her face gets all serious and her eyes get really big whenever she goes up for the crunch. She's almost able to touch her feet but not quite.

Eva's other new trick is caller response. We've been working the coos pretty hard but now she thinks it's pretty cool that I echo whatever she does. If she gurgles, I gurgle. I coo when she coos. Her face completely lights up when I mimicc her. You can just see the synapses firing away as she processes all of this new information. I'm really enjoying the time off seeing her develop so quickly. It will be hard to leave her in a month and miss out on this time when I go back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment