Saturday, February 13, 2010

Eva's Drawer





When I was in graduate school I babysat a boy named Toby. I remember well some of the strategies that his savvy mom, Kate, used to keep him busy since he was an active nine month old much like Eva. One of Kate's tricks was to give Toby his own drawer in the kitchen. She stocked it with tupperware and other baby safe items. I was always in awe of how Toby seemed to prefer to play with the common, everday items in his drawer rather than the room full of toys in his playroom. Well, I get it now. And, during the winter cleaning blast last week, Jeff and I created Eva's drawer. It's stocked full of tupperware, plates, bibs, and other baby items that we use for Eva. She LOVES her drawer and has a devious look whenever she gets into it like she's pulling something over on us. I was able to actually make dinner with her in the kitchen last week, which is HEAVENLY since our little spicy one refuses to go in her bouncer now. I'm waiting to bust out the pots and pans when I get really desperate. );

No comments:

Post a Comment